Friday, November 17

Spargel

One thing that Walldorf is famous for is asparagus - they love it here. In fact it's so popular that every year they have a Spargelfest (asparagus festival) where the local people gather to eat asparagus (which is horrible), drink asparagus schnapps (which is horrible), and listen to music by Phil Collins (which is horrible).

Somebody once told me that asparagus can make a man stay up all night so last year, even though I don't really like it, I had some asparagus because there was a film about wine making that I wanted to watch on tv and it didn't start until 3am. Anyway, the asparagus didn't work at all. I managed to stay fairly alert until about midnight because I kept my self busy polishing my woods but then I fell asleep before 1am! And all that happened is that my wee smelt funny for a week! I think next time I want to stay up all night I'll go back to the more traditional coca cola and wine gums!

Here's a picture of Bob Hoskins (who looks a bit like Phil Collins)

No comments: