Thursday, November 16

Wine - Tasty

I had a nice glass of wine yesterday. I think it was a "Markus Molitor Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese 2001 Mosel Saar Ruwer" but I'm not sure. It had some melon and apple character on the limey, minerally nose. Rich textured yet precisely defined on the palate with lovely density of fruit. I'm afraid when it comes to wine I wouldn't really know a Claret from a Bordeaux but I know what I like! Anyway, I liked this one because it tasted of apples, and I like apples because they remind me of apple tart, which reminds me of custard, which reminds me of trifle, which reminds me of Christmas, which is my favourite time of year. That's mainly because of the Good Will To All Mankind thing, which is nice every now and again, but also because of the Christmas crackers and the excellent jokes you get in them. Last year, the joke I got in my cracker was this:

Q: What did the grape say when the elephant stepped on it?
A: Nothing. It just let out a little wine.

Quality!

Here's a computer image of some Christmas crackers:

No comments: